A grant is any payment made by the Council to be used by an organisation for a specific purpose in the furtherance of the wellbeing of the local community, and which is not directly controlled or administered by the Council.
Brandon & Byshottles Parish Council awards grants at its discretion to community organisations which demonstrate a clear need for financial support.
The Council may make the award of any grant subject to such additional conditions as it considers to be appropriate.
- Any individual, organisation or named community group applying to the Parish Council for funds must supply accounts statements for a full twelve months prior to the application. A recent bank statement can also be provided.
- Only one donation in any twelve months may be made to any individual organisation or named community group (excluding the annual Christmas donations) unless decided otherwise at the discretion of Members.
- Support will only be given for projects and activities which contribute to the well-being of residents within the Parish area. Applications received from organisations lying outside the Parish area will only be considered if the work of the organisation benefits the Parish and its residents.
- That a sum of not more than £500 per ward be given in cash or spent on goods for any organisation with the exception of charitable organisations and under special circumstances approved by the Council. This limit does not apply to the Council’s Community Fund.
- Applications made by individuals will be considered only after further information is requested from the organisation, sports club or school of which the individual is a member. If agreed, the donation would be given to the organisation, sports club or school on behalf of the individual/s.
Approved 20th March 2015
Reviewed April 2016 Min.227
Reviewed April 2017 Min 221
Reviewed April 2018 Min 223a
Reviewed April 2019 Min 223a